Executing commands is VERY slow when logged into an NT domain....

Rick Rankin rick_rankin@yahoo.com
Wed Jun 26 01:07:00 GMT 2002

I'm noticing what appears to be a variant of this problem using the 20020625
shapshot of 1.3.11. If I log on to my domain account while connected to the
office network, everything is fine. Similarly, if I log on to my domain account
while disconnected from the network, everything is fine. If, however, I log on
to my domain account while connected to a network from which my logon domain
isn't accessible (e.g., my home network), I see a drastic slowdown. Finally, if
I log on using a local account while connected to my home network, everything
is fine.

To provide some context for the amount of the slowdown, using 1.3.10 it takes
about 4 seconds from the time I double-click the bash icon on my desktop until
I see a prompt. Using 1.3.11 when connected to my home network, the same
operation takes nearly 30 seconds.

Corinna mentioned earlier in this thread that some strace output might be
helpful. I've attached two strace logs from running 'ls' in an empty directory.
The first is using the 1.3.10-1 DLL where don't see the slowdown, the second is
using the 20020625 snapshot of 1.3.11 where I do.

I hope that's enough to diagnose the problem. If not, let me know. I'll help in
whatever way I can.

--Rick

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com