Setup.exe fails with a Microsoft Runtime Exception ..

Harsha Kalidindi Harsha.Kalidindi@morganstanley.com
Thu Jun 27 07:05:00 GMT 2002

Hi:

         I am using the latest version of setup.exe from cygwin.com -
2.249.2.4.

         I see the following behavior on both an NT 4 machine with the
latest service packs and an XP machine:

         1. Setup.exe downloads all the packages successfully. (Both in the
download only mode and install from internet mode).
         2. After the download, it generates a Microsoft Runtime Exception
when it starts to install the first package.

         I've tried two suggestions by going through the mail archives:

         1. removing setup.ini
         2. turning off virus detection software.

         Neither of them worked for us.

Regards,
Harsha

Harsha.Kalidindi@MorganStanley.com 212.762.4165