simultaneous windows and cygwin telnet service

Nicholas Wourms nwourms@yahoo.com
Thu Jun 27 07:44:00 GMT 2002

--- Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 05:50:29AM -0700, Nicholas Wourms wrote:
> > Corinna,
> >
> > Perhaps the answer is to have these links generated automatically by
> > setup.exe.  Since the windows directory is an env var, the location of
> > these files should always be obtainable.
>
> Would be ok with me.  Go ahead and send a patch.  Question is:  Which
> package should contain the postinstallscript?
Corinna,

I was asking myself the same question, and I can't decide if it is
something that should:

A)Be done by setup.exe whilst it establishes the initial cygwin tree
B)Be an addition to inetutils' iu-config
C)Be a post-install script for inetutils

Since you are the inetutils package maintainer, what are your thoughts on
this?  Also, should I assume /cygdrive/c and just say tough to people who
change the cygdrive mounts?  The best solution would be as painless and as
exensible as possible in all situations.  I'd rather not have to depend on
the non-posix paths, as its syntax might change in later dll's for some
reason.

Cheers,
Nicholas