Building code for a PowerPC target using cygwin
Mike Hayden
mike_hayden@quintum.com
Fri Mar 8 08:06:00 GMT 2002
I have downloaded cygwin onto my Windows PC and wish to build code for an
embedded target running a PowerPC 860.
It looks as though the "target" was set to Intel 686 when the GNU Tools were
built. I have tried to change my target to -mcpu=860 per the GNU CC
documentation but I keep getting the error "cc1.exe: bad value (860)
for -mcpu= switch", I also tried -mpowerpc with the same result.
I looked thru the cygwin directories and noted that under
C:\cygwin\usr\src\gcc-2.95.3-5\gcc\config there is no support for PowerPC
that I can find.
So I am guessing that my problem is either 1. The GNU Tools must be rebuilt
with the target set for "powerpc" or 2. The pre-compiled GNU Tools included
with cygwin 1.3.1 do not have support for powerpc.
Any help to clear this up would be appreciated.
Thanks
MH
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list