CygWish posix path problem

Christopher Faylor cygwin@cygwin.com
Fri Mar 8 13:06:00 GMT 2002

On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 03:55:29PM -0500, Banks, Kelly wrote:
>I have found several references to a problem with cygwish80.exe whereby
>cygwish is unable to find it's target file because a filename, such as
>/usr/bin/tkcvs is internally converted to "C:\usr\bin\tkcvs" rather than
>"C:\cygwin\usr\bin\tkcvs"
>
>I've seen mention of the problem several times, but have yet to read of a
>solution.  Surely a solution has been implemented.  Can someone please
>elaborate on the solution to this recurring issue?

There is no solution.  If you found this mentioned several times then
you should have found an explanation from me that this cygwish80.exe is
basically a pure windows app and so does not understand cygwin paths.

The only solution is to submit a patch to rectify this behavior.

Hopefully the next person searching the mailing list archives will find
this message.

cgf