Missing lib

Oddvar.Myrnes@stoltoffshore.no Oddvar.Myrnes@stoltoffshore.no
Mon Mar 11 16:47:00 GMT 2002

Hello People

Yes, you are right. The reason for the problem was that the system admin
just copyd the linux make files, and modified the compile flags. He forgot
thei macro:

LINK = gcc -ldl

Removing the -ldl from the LINK macro fixed the problem.

My sinsere apolegies for not investing the problem properly, and many
thanks to the good people for the willing hands.

Kind Regards
Oddvard Myrnes :-)

                    "Robert Collins"
                    <robert.collins@itdoma        To:     "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <lhall@rfk.com>,
                    in.com.au>                    <Oddvar.Myrnes@stoltoffshore.no>
                                                  cc:     <cygwin@cygwin.com>
                    11.03.2002 18:47              Subject:     RE: Missing lib

libdl on linux contains the dl* family of functions, which are exported
directly from libcygwin/libc for us. The users app will link fine, AS
LONG AS -ldl is not used.

Rob