cygwin.com suggestions

Robert Collins robert.collins@itdomain.com.au
Fri Mar 15 19:32:00 GMT 2002

I think crummy is a little harsh. And yes, other than shutting down all
process's using a file, this is the best that can be done (*).

Rob

*: Well, it's possible that a file system filter driver that redirects
the access to a new file for subsequent opens could provide equivalent
functionality to a linux style delete/replace of in-use files. However I
don't know whether the file system cache/file mapping logic sit above or
below such filters... if they sit above the filter (And I suspect they
do), then the filter would never get invoked, and the file would still
appear to be there.