STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION, but not on build machine

Kandziora Jan Jan.Kandziora@ts.siemens.de
Thu Mar 21 01:27:00 GMT 2002

Mark wrote:

> mpeg2enc.exe works fine on the build machine (Win98SE with 64MB), but
bombs out with a STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION error on another machine (Win2K
with 256MB). This machine
> does not have the Cygwin environment installed, but I did (of course) copy
the DLL across. I don't believe there is more than one copy of the DLL on
the machine - I'll check later.

> I know mpeg2enc allocates a lot of memory, and also uses threads. Any
hints as to what I should check next?

I've got the same problem with a self-engineered program here. For what I
know now, it only happens if no registry keys for Cygwin are present or if I
use the "Default Text file Type=DOS" in the setup. For some reason, I have a
"printf"-wrapper in my program. What do you think the where the execption
always occur? Right: That function.
I use Cygwin 1.3.9 now, but I had the problem with 1.3.2 and 1.3.4 also.

	Jan