Strange behaviour of vpath with dos paths

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Thu Mar 21 11:29:00 GMT 2002

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 05:08:45PM +0100, Johan Bezem wrote:
>The GNU make project (http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/make) does not
>contain the CygWin enhancements in its main development tree,

Nope.  They were unresponsive in my attempts to get the changes into
the main branch.  I sent two requests.

>order to provide a valid diff, I'd have to incorporate my changes into
>the latest CVS version and perform a diff, rather than using the sources
>from the latest CygWin distribution.

No, you'd use the sources from the latest cygwin distribution.

>I checked the CVS repository sources.redhat.com, but it seems to contain
>only the core of the CygWin DLL's sources.

Right.  We try not to duplicate other repositories for the cygwin
release.

>So, my question: Where can I find the repository of the CygWin make
>package? Or otherwise, how to proceed from here?

You can't.  Use the make source tarball and submit ChangeLog + patch
here.

cgf