porting problem

Gabriel Antonio Arcos Acosta gabrielarcos@cantv.net
Thu Mar 21 13:55:00 GMT 2002

I'm trying to port a program that was originally designed on IRIX system
with Delta/C++ compiler over a SGI Indy box. When I try to compile one of
the source files this error appear:

$ gcc -w -g -I/usr/X11R6/include Chandler.cc -c -o Chandler.o
Chandler.cc: In method `void Chandler::GenerarPuntos(Complejo &, char = 0,
char
= 1)':
Chandler.cc:59: initialization of non-const reference type `class Complejo
&'
Chandler.cc:59: from rvalue of type `Complejo'
Lemniscata.h:130: in passing argument 1 of
`Lemniscata::FuncionCaracteristica(Co
mplejo &)'
Chandler.cc:100: initialization of non-const reference type `class Complejo
&'
Chandler.cc:100: from rvalue of type `Complejo'
Lemniscata.h:130: in passing argument 1 of
`Lemniscata::FuncionCaracteristica(Co
mplejo &)'

Can someone tell what this error means? I'm using the gcc compiler on Win98
with cygwin. The source compile well on the Indy box.