bash failed to initialize on telnet/rsh/rlogin server

Polley Christopher W PolleyChristopherW@JohnDeere.com
Wed Mar 27 13:04:00 GMT 2002

Thanks, David,

	>This happened to me on NT4 when I upgraded to cygwin-1.3.10, and
was
	>*not* using ntsec.  Using ntsec fixed it.  Is ntsec set early
enough
	>for inetd?  (And are you rebooting when making changes?)  Does the
	>inetd service have sufficient user rights?  Is everything

	I had ntsec set... but had not rebooted since setting it.  Rebooted,
and
	now all is well :-) (closing all cygwin processes including 'net
stop
	inetd' wasn't enough)

	So now that I know how to isolate the problem, is there a way to
strace a daemon?

	Warm regards,

	Chris