heap_chunk_in_mb fails?

G.Spagnuolo spanish@ieee.org
Thu Mar 28 06:42:00 GMT 2002

I've 256MB RAM and more than 4GB of free disk space, so I settled the
maximum dimension of the virtual memory at 3GB (under w2k) and the
heap_chunk_in_mb at 2GB (using regedt32).
Nevertheless the bash does not start and gives a "win32 error 8".
The maximum value accepted for heap_chunk_in_mb (fixed the value for the
virtual memory) is 1.2GB
How can I increase the value of the total memory cygwin can allocate by new[]?

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Best Regards

G.Spagnuolo

--
Dr. Giovanni Spagnuolo, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor

"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers.
You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions."
Naguib Mahfouz