VI and DOS Mode
Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)
lhall@rfk.com
Fri Mar 29 16:00:00 GMT 2002
At 03:36 PM 3/29/2002, Gaurav Khanna wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I installed the cygwin bash shell along with the VIM editor on windows.
>Now the problem is that it opens up the files in UNIX mode and not in
>DOS mode. And it saves that way too. I have tried reinstalling the whole
>thing including the vim editor and specifying DOS as the default file
>type but to no avail. What am I missing?
>Initially I had specified UNIX as the default type but since then I have
>done a lot of I installations trying to get DOS as the default.
>Please help.
Sorry, I don't have the problem here, even with binary mount points.
Setting fileformat=dos allows me to read and write files in DOS mode
whenever I want with vim. Perhaps you need to do a little more debugging
on your end.
Larry Hall lhall@rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. http://www.rfk.com
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
Holliston, MA 01746 (508) 893-9889 - FAX
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list