New version of setup - prerelease available
Cliff Hones
cliff@aonix.co.uk
Wed May 1 05:54:00 GMT 2002
Robert Collins <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au> wrote:
> > From: Cliff Hones [mailto:cliff@aonix.co.uk]
> > Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 10:12 PM
>
> > When I try "install from local directory" and select the
> > defaults (ie install everything which has been updated) setup
> > gets as far as showing the install progress box, then throws
> > up a box informing me that setup.ini is older than the one I
> > used last time I installed Cygwin. I can only find one
> > Cygwin setup.ini file on my system, and it's the one setup
> > had just downloaded (from programming.ccp14.ac.uk) with
> > identification:
> > setup-timestamp: 1020183008
> > setup-version: 2.194.2.24
> > My cygwin\etc\setup\timestamp contains 1020183008, which
> > looks ok to me.
>
> Hmm, strange. Anyway, clicking on the OK button there should get setup
> to continue.
Yes - it did, and the install worked fine. After this my
/etc/setup/timestamp now contains 1016041807, and setup no longer
shows the warning re out-of-date setup.ini. But where is it getting
this old stamp from?
-- Cliff
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list