New setup uploaded - 2.218.2.7
Harig, Mark A.
maharig@idirect.net
Tue May 14 19:36:00 GMT 2002
Some feedback about the new version 2.218.2.7.
First, the good news: no parsing errors when 'Install from local
directory' is selected!
and the bad news: before any parsing errors might be seen, setup.exe
crashes:
setup.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x004121f2" referenced memory at "0x00000000".
The memory could not be "written".
Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program
This error was repeated in three tries with restarting setup.exe, but it
only occurred when I selected 'Install from local directory'. Both
'Install from Internet' and 'Download from Internet' were able to run to
completion without any errors, so anyone who needs to get the software
shouldn't be stopped by the above error.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Christopher Faylor [mailto:cgf-cygwin@cygwin.com]
> Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 6:57 PM
> To: cygwin@cygwin.com
> Subject: New setup uploaded - 2.218.2.7
>
>
> I have uploaded a new version of setup which fixes some of
> the problems
> with local directory installation. I never saw the "freeze" scenario,
> though, so I don't think that has been fixed.
>
> I did try to improve the error reporting mechanism a little,
> though, so
> that filename and line number info may be a little more accurate.
>
> FYI,
> cgf
>
> --
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
> Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
>
>
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list