Come see my cam

David T-G davidtg-cygwin@justpickone.org
Thu May 16 11:36:00 GMT 2002


Christopher, et al --

...and then Christopher Faylor said...
% 
% On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 10:07:37AM -0500, David T-G wrote:
% >
...
% >Is there a particular reason this list is open and thus gets this junk?
% >I think that asking folks who have questions about cygwin to sign up,
% >however briefly, is not out of line...
% 
% We block an amazing amount of spam at the server.  Some gets

Glad to hear it.  That must be a lot of of work.  I'm sure it's as
automated as possible, but still it just has to add more to all of the
*useful* work you have on your plate.  Worse yet, in spite of everyone's
best efforts, there will always be some that gets through; as Agassi
purportedly said, "It's sometimes depressing to know that, no matter
how hard I try, I'll never be as good as a wall."


% through.  So, you have two options:  Live with it or unsubscribe.

Fair enough.


% 
% Complaining about spam here is not an option.  Complain enough and I
% will qualify your email as spam.  I block the email address of any spam

*grin*


% that shows up here.

I don't mean to complain about the spam; I mean to ask why the list is
open.  Maybe I'll just stop asking now.


% 
% cgf
% --


Thanks & HAND

:-D
-- 
David T-G                      * It's easier to fight for one's principles
(play) davidtg@justpickone.org * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie
(work) davidtgwork@justpickone.org
http://www.justpickone.org/davidtg/    Shpx gur Pbzzhavpngvbaf Qrprapl Npg!

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/attachments/20020516/8bd5c541/attachment.sig>


More information about the Cygwin mailing list