Annoying cmd console spawn with remote access and Win 2000

Pawel Czechowicz pczechowicz@cetelem.pl
Fri May 17 10:44:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

This issue really drives me mad:

I ssh form an unix machine (LOCAL) to cygwin machine that runs Windows
2000 (REMOTE). I then run nmake (Visual C++) on REMOTE. nmake, in turn
spawns several processess (one by one) to compile a VC++ project.

Problem:
As each process is spawned a new cmd console appears ON THE SCREEN of
the REMOTE machine. The status/result of compilation is printed on this
very console. Then the cmd console is automatically closed. Nothing is
printed on my local console.

In this situaltion I am practically unable to work remotely as I don't
see any warnings/errors produced by VC++ compiler.

Question:
Is there a way to force the output to a parent console?

Note:
The above scenario worked perfectly (well, nearly... despite Ctrl-C ;-)
) for me under Windows NT.

Thank you very much in advance for all your help.

Pawel Czechowicz