Setup 2.243 - Crash isolated
Pavel Tsekov
ptsekov@syntrex.com
Sat May 25 00:44:00 GMT 2002
Hello Max,
Friday, May 24, 2002, 5:36:38 PM, you wrote:
Do you know a way of how to reproduce this ? I'll try it later
today when I'm at home.
MB> I have isolated the crash I was getting. It was similar to what Pavel suggested,
MB> but in a different place.
MB> It is caused by rfc1738_do_escape calling strlen(url) when url is NULL.
MB> Here is a stack trace:
MB> #0 rfc1738_do_escape (url=0x0, encode_reserved=1) at ../rfc1738.cc:82
MB> #1 0x004340ac in rfc1738_escape_part (url=@0x125a238) at ../rfc1738.cc:195
MB> #2 0x0040c5cf in check_for_cached (pkgsource=@0x11d8ed8) at ../download.cc:91
MB> #3 0x004043c6 in scan_downloaded_files () at ../choose.cc:471
MB> #4 0x004045d1 in ChooserPage::OnInit (this=0x23fb60) at ../choose.cc:517
MB> A kludge in rfc1738_do_escape avoids the crash, and allows setup to continue.
MB> I will need to study setup some more before I can track this down to its root
MB> cause.
MB> Max.
MB> --
MB> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
MB> Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
MB> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
MB> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list