Tcl

David A. Cobb superbiskit@cox.net
Mon May 27 03:29:00 GMT 2002

Background: I build a gcc 3.1 -- I don't yet know how successfully.
 When I tried MAKE CHECK things didn't go too well because, I guess, the
test suite depends on Tcl (and probably other stuff).
So, I search around on my disk.  Hey!  Since installing Cygwin SWIG
there's /lots/ of xxx.tcl files anyway.  But there's still no tcl.exe.

Scratching my head and remembering I asked about Tcl once before and got
curtly informed there was no current work with a port, I wasn't
surprised it's not  here.  If I've misunderstood the situation, someone
_please_ set me straight before I dive into deep water.

I've located a port of an oldish version of Tcl by Mummet Kahn.  I
figured I'd mess about with it a bit then try to do the parallel thing
with the current baseline.
QUESTION 1.
Would there be any interest in this here?  Alternatively, has anyone
tried and despaired 'cause there's far better C programmers here than I?

QUESTION 2.
Does anyone else know what additional pieces are needed for the GNU test
suites to be fully functional?

--
David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate
"By God's Grace I am a Christian man, by my actions a great sinner." -- The Way of a Pilgrim; R. M. French, tr.