don't want leading underscore

Randall R Schulz rrschulz@cris.com
Tue Nov 5 08:35:00 GMT 2002


Benjamin,

At 08:17 2002-11-05, Benjamin K. wrote:
>>Have you consulted  the GCC book?
>
>What is the GCC Book? Do you mean GCC documentation. If yes, let me say I 
>read
>everything from top to down.

No. I mean the book whose title I mentioned in my first reply to your 
original query: "Using and Porting GNU CC" by Richard M. Stallman (the 
2.8.1 edition is on-line at <http://www.delorie.com/gnu/docs/gcc/>). It is 
meant as a comprehensive reference to GCC internals, though obviously one 
that falls out of date as soon as it goes into publication. The paper form 
of the version 2.8 edition is 545 pages long.

No doubt a 3.x version would be bigger, if there was a direct counterpart, 
but I don't see any indication there is. (For one thing, it was a pricey 
book: list $50 US). The current equivalent appears to be available here: 
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/onlinedocs/>.


> > Have you asked your questions in one of the GCC-specific
> > forums? If not, look here: <http://gcc.gnu.org/lists.html>.
>
>No not yet because it is nearly impossible to get an answer or that a bug 
>will be fixed.
>I've subscribed 2 of this mailing lists.

You assume this is a bug.

If you haven't asked, how do you know you won't get a useful answer?


> > > This is just a bad implementation ... or should I say
> > >BUG in Gcc.
> >
> > That is a rash and probably unwarranted condemnation.
>
>Ok, maybe :)
>
>Benjamin Kalytta


There's nothing more I can tell you.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA


--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list