CYGWIN Installer should setup a root environment variable

Chris Walters chris.walters@pobox.com
Wed Nov 6 16:22:00 GMT 2002


Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> `cygpath -w /`

Thanks.

 > On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Chris Walters wrote:
>> NT Question: How does cygwin update the System registry (for environment
>> variables) if it is installed as a normal user? I can't modify it
>> myself, so how does the installer do it?
> 
> It doesn't.  It only updates HKEY_CURRENT_USER, which it's always allowed
> to do.  And, AFAIK, it doesn't set any environment variables, just the
> mount settings...

You're right, I made a mistake in the question. I meant to say for mount 
points, i.e. mount -s stores information in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, but I 
can manually set these values (though this may be due to being a PowerUser).


-- 
Chris Walters
+-------------------------------------------------------+
|  ,-_|\   Chris Walters      <chris.walters@pobox.com> |
| /     \                                               |
| \_,-._/                                               |
|      v                                                |
+-------------------------------------------------------+


--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list