1.3.13 bug with arguments for "ls *" etc. where * is >900 cha rs

Willis, Matthew Matthew.Willis@CIBC.ca
Thu Nov 7 13:26:00 GMT 2002

Still having problems with long arg lists on nt4.

I did have two copies of cygwin1.dll, but they were identical. I deleted the
one in c:\winnt\system32 (which I put there because some programs complained
about not being able to find cygwin1.dll). I rebooted; this didn't fix
anything.

I completely uninstalled my cygwin 1.3.13, deleting the registry entries and
all download material. I rebooted, then reinstalled the latest cygwin
(1.3.15). I moved my base tree from c:\gnu to c:\cygwin (hey, I thought,
maybe my weird installation dir was causing trouble with applications being
unable to find cygwin1.dll).

Anyway, to make a long story short, it still does what it did before. I note
a few things:

1. The memory usage for ls.exe on nt4 keeps growing, quickly reaching 10MB
and more
2. My win2000 laptop doesn't lock up for the same test suite
3. That when I attach microsoft vc++'s debugger to nt4's runaway ls.exe it
reports

First-chance exception in ls.exe: 0xC0000005: Access Violation.
First-chance exception in ls.exe: 0xC0000005: Access Violation.
First-chance exception in ls.exe: 0xC0000005: Access Violation.
First-chance exception in ls.exe: 0xC0000005: Access Violation.
First-chance exception in ls.exe: 0xC0000005: Access Violation.

This is my latest cygcheck.out file:

 <<cygcheck.out>>