CYGWIN Installer should setup a root environment variable

Warren Young warren@etr-usa.com
Thu Nov 7 16:00:00 GMT 2002

Chris Walters wrote:
>> `cygpath -w /`
>
> This is fine, but how do I use the result in a DOS bat script?

The short answer is: Get a real shell.

The long answer is: While there may be some hack to trick a Microsoft
command shell into setting an environment variable from a command's
output, it seems to me that it would be a lot easier to port your BAT
file to Bash.  There's certainly nothing in the cmd.exe "SET"
documentation about doing this.

About the only time that only a BAT file will do is for autoexec.bat.