binutils 20021107-2

Charles Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Sat Nov 9 09:31:00 GMT 2002

Robert Collins wrote:

> On Sat, 2002-11-09 at 21:59, Danny Smith wrote:
>
>>Hello Robert
>>
>>By default symbols in libstdc++.a are excluded when doing --export-all, to
>>protect against this type of error.
>>
>>However, ld/pe-dll.c knows nothing about libstdc++-2.a.  So those symbols do
>>get exported ... and cause the usual problems with multiple definitions.
>>
>>Quick solution: Try --exclude-libs=libstdc++-2.a
>>

> Got it in one. Should this be in the g++-2 specs?

Nope.  Chris should apply the attached patch to binutils and re-release.
  It's surprising we didn't catch this when gcc-3.x/gcc2-2.95 were
getting their shakedown this summer.  Oh well.

Also, Chris, you could take the opportunity of binutils-20021107-3 to
apply Egor's remaining patches...  :-)

--Chuck