[Bug: gcc-3.2-1] Cygwin DLL (CVS HEAD) build failure - gcc uses wrong include path order.
Brian Keener
bkeener@thesoftwaresource.com
Tue Nov 12 13:14:00 GMT 2002
Pavel Tsekov wrote:
> There are several easy workarounds for that problem so I don't think this
> is such a big problem. Anyway I am curios why /usr/include/w32api is
> threated in a special way - you just cant get rid of it ! :)
>
Gosh - I hate to dredge this up again but:
I updated my cvs and my cygwin install and I am still getting this.
Unfortunately, I am neophyte when it come to C and C++ programming but I like
to keep a buildable version of cygwin and setup on my machine so I can
occasionally attempt changes or research.
At first I was getting the GetConsoleWindow problem and now it has moved to an
undeclared value: IOCTL_DISK_UPDATE_DRIVE_SIZE which I know is a recent w32api
change in Cygwin. I did some research on the Archive and found where Pavel
says this is an easy fix and that he tried using -nostdinc which I tried to see
if it helps. Obviously Pavel was saying it didn't help or I am putting it in
the wrong place - I am betting on the latter. I also found a reference to
-no-win32 (although I cannot seem to find it now) that also seemed to indicate
that -no-win32 was a cure and I tried that - again no joy, but I'm still
betting I have this in the wrong place.
As this is apparently from my understanding reading the mailing list a problem
with g++ adding an unwanted include and as this is apparently a simple change
then my question is two fold - 1) could someone point me in the right direction
(quick lesson here) as to how to get my cygwin to compile and 2) is this not
something we want to add a temporary fix for in the cvs until it is resolved in
a new version of gcc3.
Any help greatly appreciated.
bk
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list