pico and nano: number of lines displayed

Thu Nov 14 02:03:00 GMT 2002

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 08:08:40AM -0500, Sergei Okhapkin wrote:
> Here is a piece of login source code:
>         if (!hflag) {                                   /* XXX */
>                 static struct winsize win = { 0, 0/*, 0, 0*/ };
>
>                 (void)ioctl(0, TIOCSWINSZ, &win);
>         }
>
> Login resets the tty window size to 0 if -h option missed (don't ask me
> why:-)

I have no idea why the original login(1) is doing that.  However, it
did never hurt since login is supposed to work only with servers as
telnetd or rlogind (you read /usr/doc/Cygwin/login.README?) which use
the -h option.  So these login attempts never see this resetting rows
and columns to 0.

However, I checked against other (non-Cygwin-)versions of login(1) and
these versions are not doing that so I'm going to take the code out for
us, too.  Expect a new version soon.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.