PostgreSQL, Apache and PHP

Andreas news.Andreas@gmx.net
Thu Nov 14 06:34:00 GMT 2002

Hi Steve,

before you are able to use php scripts which connect to a pgsql DB (of
course phpPgAdmin will do so) it is necessary to configure this module with
the appropriate flag (--with-pgsql) plus recompilation.

Indeed I struggled around with this topic a while ago. Unfortunately I run
in to many problems with config and compiling php under cygwin. I was never
able to get a running libphp4.dll with pgsql support. I gave up for lack of
time :( But I'm still interested in this issue. If it will work if someone
provides us with this dll then I would be very happy!!! ...or of course a
How-To that gives more details than the php-4.2.0-1.README to come up with
the running php module.

Please, let me know if the method described in
/usr/doc/Cygwin/php-4.2.0-1.README works for you!

Andreas

Steve, please CC to the list in order to reach the cygwin community...

help with configuring PHP, Apache and PostgreSQL. I'm doing this (as a
newbie), and I've successfully > installed Cygwin, Apache, and PHP (I've
tested them), but when I try to use phpPgAdmin, it > gives me the error:

> You do not have postgresql support built into your PHP Web Server.
> phpPgAdmin requires postgresql support to function properly!
> Please check the PHP documentation for corrective action.
>
> It seems that PHP/Apache cannot talk to my PostgreSQL database system.
Can you help?