Setup installed to c:/cygwin/usr/bin

Norton Allen allen@huarp.harvard.edu
Fri Nov 15 10:48:00 GMT 2002

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, Norton Allen wrote:
> > It is possible that I was a logged in as a different user for the second
> > install, but it isn't clear how that would affect setup, since these are
> > system mounts.
>
> Just a WAG, but does that other user have user mounts that maybe override
> the system ones?  Try rerunning setup as the same user that did the first
> install, and reinstall, say, the 'man' package.  See if it works for that
> user...

  The other user does not have any other user mounts, so that's not
  it, but I do find that this state of events is reproducable and
  is not a problem for the original installer, but is a problem for
  another user installing additional packages. (i.e. I reinstalled
  man twice, once as the original installer and once as the other
  user. The first did what it was supposed to do, the second
  apparently ignored the system mounts).

> I'm assuming, of course, that you ran 'mount' as the original installing
> user.

  I never explicitly ran mount. Presumably it was run by setup
  during the original install.

   -Norton