Getting a new version of "patch" into cygwin
Robert_K_Cook@comerica.com
Robert_K_Cook@comerica.com
Fri Nov 15 11:02:00 GMT 2002
The official cygwin copy of Larry Wall's "patch" program is mired at
version 2.5.0 (which was released way back in 1997). The currently
released version is 2.5.4 (which is still from 1999). 2.5.8 is available
from the ftp://alpha.gnu.org website
The main reason I'm mentioning is that 2.5.4 is necessary for "--posix"
switch which is what you sometimes need to get multi-directory CVS diff
files to work right as well as correcting a CR/LF issue I was running into.
I have been using 2.5.8 for a few months now and was using 2.5.4 for years
before that and haven't run into any problems.
So should I go about packaging this and get it out to everyone or should
somebody at RedHat just re-compile it and release the new version. If it
is the former, where are instructions on how to do so.
I just downloaded it and ran "autoconf", "configure", and "make install".
Kelley Cook
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list