emacs lockup w/ TERM = linux

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Sat Nov 16 01:41:00 GMT 2002

On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 03:25:11PM -0800, Bill Priest wrote:
>--- David Starks-Browning <starksb@ebi.ac.uk> wrote:
>>On Friday 15 Nov 02, Bill Priest writes:
>>>if TERM = linux inside rxvt (windows version) then emacs hangs while
>>>international/mule-cmds..."
>
>This happens on win2k

This appears to be a rxvt bug.  I see a hang with cygwin 1.3.12, too.  I
have just sent a patch for rxvt to the list.

The basic problem was that something in the linux terminfo database
caused rxvt to get into an infinite loop.

cgf
--
Please do not send me personal email with cygwin questions or observations.
Use the resources at http://cygwin.com/ .