mno_cygwin gcc 3.2

Denis Dupeyron denis.dupeyron@st.com
Tue Nov 19 08:09:00 GMT 2002

> hi all,
>
> Under the gcc 2.95 release the :-mno_cygwin option let you
> link without
> cygwin1.dll.  The gcc 3.2 release in the latest cygwin build,
> whilst not
> complaining about the option, will link with the cygwin1.dll
> even when using
> the option.
>
> cygcheck for example will show the link.  This is for a dll
> compiled with :
>
> g++ -shared -mno_cygwin -o X.dll x.cpp
>
> Is this behaviour incorrect or is it planned that all cygwin
> gcc compiled
> apps will be forced to link with cygwin1.dll?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris

I seem to get the same problem compiling like this :

g++ -O2 -mno-cygwin -I.. -I. -fno-exceptions -W -c foo.cc

and then linking like this :

g++ -O2 -mno-cygwin -I.. -I. -fno-exceptions -W -o foo1.o foo2.o -o foo

So, Chris, you're not the only one. What happens exactly is that the
executable looks for cygwin1.dll and can't find it. Any idea ?

Denis.