cygwin-1.3.16-1

Pierre A. Humblet pierre.humblet@ieee.org
Sat Nov 23 22:33:00 GMT 2002

On Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 11:50:46PM -0000, fergus@bonhard.uklinux.net wrote:
> Strange consequence of upgrading from cygwin-1.3.15-2 to 1.3.16-1: instead
> of starting off in ~ with ~/.bash_profile correctly read, now start in /
> with ~/.bash_profile not read. Both /etc/group and /etc/passwd are
> unaltered. However Cygwin now seems to know my username but not my group,
> which is now "unknown". I'm using W98/SE. Alternating between 1.3.15-2 and
> 1.3.16-1 means the phenomenon described comes and goes. Full install. All
> other provision upgraded to latest available version incl. bash-2.05b-8.
> Just letting you know. Possibly user error. Thanks anyway. Fergus

1.3.16-1 contains changes to help users with ntsec and less than perfect
passwd/group, but it now seems to have unexpected side effect for Win98.
Cygwin does not find your entry in passwd. Is there one starting with your
username?
Would you mind sending the output of "id" and your passwd file?

Pierre