Cygwin causes 0x00000024 Stop Error (BLUE SCREEN)

Gary R. Van Sickle g.r.vansickle@worldnet.att.net
Mon Nov 25 00:08:00 GMT 2002

> On Mon, 2002-11-25 at 12:05, Max Bowsher wrote:
>

> > Works for me - quick coding!
>
> Cool. It's just a quick hack. There are some things it highlit about the
> property page system. Garrry!

Uh-oh! ;-)

> I recall being unhappy about having the list of pages in two places, and
> it's obvious why now.

"List of pages in two places"?

> Heres the current situation: to skip a page, the page before and after
> have to know about the one to skip. This is wrong. The one to skip
> should know it's irrelevant and immediately bring up the next one.

Well, that's not the whole story.  Pre-"Property Sheetization", each page had to
know what the next page was supposed to be at all times, sometimes in multiple
places, and call it up.  Now, they don't have to know any of that, *unless*, as
you say, the default order of presentation (i.e. the order in which the pages
were added) needs to be changed dynamically.

> Gary: whats the best way to do this in the framework you've written.

Have the page return 'false' from an overloaded 'OnActivate()'.  That alone
should result in "bypassing" the page.  Unfortunately, OnActivate() currently
returns void.  I'm doing the necessary surgery as we speak, but kitbashing this
together with current cvs might be a bit brutal, as my different-size-page stuff
is not yet ready for prime-time.  I'll get something sensical to you though in a
few (>1,<24) hours.

Didn't know there was a virus-scanner disabling interface that you cold do this
sort of thing with, that's cool.  I wonder if the virus writers know about
it....

--
Gary R. Van Sickle
Brewer.  Patriot.