remotely executing windows applications

elfyn mcbratney emcb_exposure@hotmail.com
Thu Oct 10 03:56:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

Whats happening here is that you started an win-app from a cygwin shell. The
point of winvnc.exe is to run an capture the users gdi/gui which could not
happen as you were in a console session. What you would need to do for this
to work is have the winvnc service installed/running and use cygrunsrv to
stop/start as you with.

Elfyn