Cross compiling on one OS for another

Shankar Unni shankar@cotagesoft.com
Thu Oct 10 10:49:00 GMT 2002

On 10/9/2002 2:02 PM, Gregg C Levine wrote:
> Can I cross compile the binaries for, say, GNUMach for the Hurd, using
> Cygwin?

In theory, yes. You have to build a cross-compiler for GNUMach/Hurd
using Cygwin ("host" will be Cygwin, "target" will be GNUMach/Hurd -
don't know exactly what either of these is named in the GNU
configuration files, but it shouldn't be hard to find out).

 > I still haven't succeded in building the things,

As to that - I'm not sure why. You will have to post specific failure
messages and ask for help..
--
Shankar.