1.3.12-2 how to link with MS Platform SDK

nickolai.bogdatov@verizon.com nickolai.bogdatov@verizon.com
Thu Oct 10 13:07:00 GMT 2002

Thanks, God.
Somebody knows what I'm talking about !

Here is the extract from result of "nm  DhcpCSvc.Lib"
DHCPCSVC.DLL:
00000000 I .idata$4
00000000 I .idata$5
00000000 I .idata$6
00000000 T .text
00000000 T  _DhcpCApiInitialize
                  U __IMPORT_DESCRIPTOR_DHCPCSVC
00000000 I   __imp__DhcpCApiInitialize

What EXACTLY it is giving me ?
Should I create a "DEF" file with all these name but with "_" in front of
the name each function ?
Or should I provide cygwin linker with some options to understand these
kind of format ?

And by the way, here is Makefile:
CC          = g++
CPPFLAGS    =
DEFS        =
INCS        =
LDFLAGS     =

## Put them all together
INCLUDES    = $(INCS) -I. -I /usr/include/mingw
DEFINES     = $(DEFS)
CFLAGS      = $(INCLUDES) $(DEFINES)
LIBS        = -L. -L/usr/lib/win32api -liphlpapi -ldhcpcsvc

.cpp.o:
      $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -c $<
TARGETS     = srv \

all: $(TARGETS)
clean:
      -rm -f *.o $(TARGETS) *.1
srv:    srv.o
      $(CC) -o $@ srv.o  $(LDFLAGS) $(LIBS)

Regards,
Nickolai Bogdatov

|         |           "lhall@pop.ma.ult|
|         |           ranet.com" <lhall|
|         |           10/10/2002 03:36 |
|         |           lhall            |
  |                                                                                                              |
  |       To:       Nickolai G. Bogdatov/EMPL/FL/Verizon@VZNotes, cygwin@cygwin.com                              |
  |       cc:                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  RE: 1.3.12-2 how to link with MS Platform SDK                                                |

OK, as I thought.  The problem is not the import library
(the .a you created has the same format as the .lib so there's
no benefit to creating the .a).  You need to find out if the
function you're trying to link to is in that library and what
it's name is.  Run 'nm' on the library and grep the results for
your function.  If there's a function in the results that has the
right name but has different stuff appended to the front and/or
back, the include file you're using isn't giving you the right
calling convention (cdecl, stdcall, fastcall).  This is likely
the problem.

Larry