Can Perl 5.8 build correctly on cygwin yet?

Tommy Butler tommy@atrixnet.com
Fri Oct 11 14:50:00 GMT 2002

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

> There is also a source package of perl-5.8 at the mirrors
> which includes also some modules and my build scripts.

Thanks Gerrit.

I'd much prefer to build my own perl, but the AnyDBM standard module has kept
perl 5.8 from building on cygwin for me.  A while ago I investigated this and
found out that it was a confirmed bug though unresolved at the time.  I can't
recall where I read about that, but it was a few weeks ago.  I have just been
curious if the problem was rectified yet.  When you mentioned that there was a
pre-built binary for cygwin now, I was left guessing whether the problem was
fixed by the perl porters or pushed aside by cygwin builders when creating the
distro, possibly at the cost of losing one thing or another?

So can you tell me anything about the status of this issue?

Thanks again :O)

--

   -Tommy Butler
    see if I'm online »http://ooopps.sourceforge.net/online

    Tommy Butler <tommy@atrixnet.com>
    phone: (817)-468-7716
    6711 Forest Park Dr
    Arlington, TX
         76001-8403

    Download my résumé in PDF, MS Word, HTML, text
    http://www.atrixnet.com/

    the ooOPps Code Library
    http://ooopps.sourceforge.net/pub/