multiple mirrors downloading

Randall R Schulz rrschulz@cris.com
Sun Oct 13 18:37:00 GMT 2002

Zenaan,

Your assumption is not in fact valid. Even if it were, you could avoid the
problem by sticking to a single mirror. I do that just to simplify the
clean-up of old package archives.

Cygwin's Setup.exe "integrates" the content of multiple download mirror
directories on your local system when determining what to retrieve from the
mirror(s) and which package archive to install. It will not download
redundant copies of any given package.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA