paths like //usr/local

Sven Köhler skoehler@upb.de
Tue Oct 15 13:27:00 GMT 2002

> Perhaps something like a unc_prefix is in order, similar to the cygdrive
> prefix?

the sollution that paths like //comp/share are interpreted like an
UNC-path is just not compatible with an application might expect from a
unix-environment.
the 2 slashes should be collapsed and nothing else.

> "Patches gratefully accepted" (C).  Oops, sorry, I guess it's "Donations
> gleefully accepted" now... :-D

which unc-prefix would that be?

i would prefer an "automount-like" feature as i already suggested:
/unc-mount-point-path/computer/share
where
/unc-mount-point-path/computer/
might be a virtual folder with all shares avaiable and
/unc-mount-point-path/
might be a virtual folder with all known computers

just an idea.