Cygwin version of GNU Nano does not accept CTRL-C

Rocco Corsi rocco.corsi@sympatico.ca
Wed Oct 16 21:16:00 GMT 2002

Gareth Pearce wrote:

>> Hello
>>
>>    I don't know if anyone has noticed, but it appears that when
>> CTRL-C is pressed in Nano it is not recognized under Cygwin.  Is this
>> normal behavior under Windows, is the CTRL-C somehow intercepted and
>> stripped out?  I am using WinXP.
>

> As mentioned in the cygwin archives - the CYGWIN enviornment variable
> needs to be set to include tty for ctrl-C to work (and some other
> things) - See the cygwin users guide for details on the CYGWIN
> environment variable.  The tty option needs to be set Before you start
> cygwin.
>
> Gareth - cygwin nano maintainer.

Perfect, just added "CYGWIN=tty" to the environment variables and all is
fine.  Thanks.

Maybe a dumb question.  Why does Cygwin not automatically update
environment variables as part of the installation?  Or at least ask if
they should be updated?

Rocco