aclocal wrapper fails because -x check fails (something to do with ntsec ?)

amores perros lifelines_3_0_18@hotmail.com
Sun Oct 20 19:07:00 GMT 2002

Report of additional test:

I logged in as Administrator, and still have the same problem
  aclocal: Can't open aclocal: No such file or directory

$whoami
Administrator

$grep Administrator /etc/passwd
Administrators:*:544:544:...
Administrator:unused_by_nt/2000/xp:500:513:...

$ls -l /usr/autotools/devel/bin/
lwrxwrxwrx 1 Administ None ... aclocal -> aclocal-1.6
-rwx------ 1 Administ None ... aclocal-1.6

I'm a bit surprised by this, but then again, I don't
know why I was able to execute this file as my non-Administrator
user either.

And again, I can execute it directly, eg,
$/usr/autotool/devel/bin/aclocal

so I assume this is the -x check in the /usr/bin/aclocal wrapper
failing.

Cordially,

Perry

(PS: Apparently a fix for the "gcc not executable" problem is
to run, eg, mkpasswd -du myusername, which adds an entry to
/etc/passwd for the username specified; in case anyone hits this
searching for that answer.)