Cygwin/Procmail stops working after setup.exe upgrade

Jason Tishler jason@tishler.net
Wed Oct 23 09:07:00 GMT 2002

Tom,

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 04:07:16PM +0200, Thomas Baker wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 09:02:39AM -0400, Jason Tishler wrote:
> > The above .fetchmailrc line invokes procmail differently than
> > "procmail -m".  Since fetchmail is invoking procmail without the
> > "-m" option, procmail is looking for $HOME/.procmailrc.  My WAG is
> > that procmail can't find your .procmailrc file.  Hence, procmail
> > defaults to sending all messages to /var/spool/mail/tbaker without
> > any logging.  Note that recent posts indicate an incorrect tbaker
> > /etc/passwd entry.
>
> That's it!!!
>
> I created the directory /home/tbaker and copied e:/.procmail there,
> and suddenly everything works again!

I'm glad that you finally fixed your problem.

> Bjoern suggested I map /home/tbaker to /cygdrive/e with "mount".

The above is a very good suggestion, please follow it.

If you stick with your unconventional directory structure, then use the         following:

    $ mount -s -b e:/ /home/tbaker

However, IMO, a much more general and useful approach is the following:

    $ mkdir X:/home
    $ mount -s -b X:/home /home

where "X" is some drive letter.

Note that the above will work for all users not just tbaker.

> Would this allow me to delete the redundant copy
> /home/tbaker/.procmailrc and just use /cygdrive/e/.procmailrc?

Yes.

> Would this "mount" command go into my .bash_profile?

No, you just need to execute it once.  Cygwin's mount table is persisted
in the Windows registry.

> (Any particular flags to use?)

See above.

Jason