Window immediately disappears

Randall R Schulz rrschulz@cris.com
Wed Oct 23 18:12:00 GMT 2002

Michael,

This does not address your specific problem, which is reported here often...

However, what I do when this sort of symptom occurs is to start a CMD.exe
console window and run the failing program from there. That way I can
examine any diagnostics produced at my leisure, rather than having to try
to catch a glimpse them in the small fraction of a second during which the
console window is remains visible.

Eventually, I always recommend that people skip over the BAT file for
launching Cygwin by: a) setting up relevant environment variables on a
system-wide basis and b) creating a shortcut that directly launches your
preferred shell or that shell within a RXVT window.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA