Ash manual/info. (was: Re: "==" operand not found)

Randall R Schulz rrschulz@cris.com
Thu Oct 24 09:30:00 GMT 2002

At 07:39 2002-10-24, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> > > While there is an info file on bash, and even a man entry, there
> > > seems to be nothing whatsoever about ash on the system.  If we are
> > > not able to use the abilities of bash,
>
>'man sh' should get you the ash manpage.
>         Igor

On my system, there "man ash" gives an extensive, detailed manual page on
ASH. "Man sh" gives the same page:

% ll /usr/man/man1/{ash,sh}.1
-rwxrwxrwx    1 Administ None        37065 Jan 31  2002 /usr/man/man1/ash.1*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 Administ None           16 Jul 31 11:35 /usr/man/man1/sh.1
-> ash.1*

According to the package search page (<http://cygwin.com/packages/> --
which is dog slow, by the way), the "ash" package itself includes the
"ash.1" manual page source file.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA