What's going on here with directory contents?

Shankar Unni shankar@cotagesoft.com
Thu Oct 24 15:51:00 GMT 2002

On 10/24/2002 10:18 AM, CBFalconer wrote:

> That seems to tell me how to get the effect, but nothing about
> what is going on.  I would expect to see some sort of hidden file
> in ...\usr\bin to cause the effect, but there is nothing there.

Oh, you want to know how mount works..

Well, the "open" cygwin call (and any others that need name resolution)
go through a special layer in cygwin that does mount point resolution:
when the prefix of the path matches a mount point, it is replaced with
the mount expansion, and the name interpretation is resumed.
--
Shankar.