dll for Windows

Stefan Hansen stefan.hansen@gmx.net
Sun Oct 27 13:15:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

my last question about compiling a dll for Windows with cygwin stayed without
answer. Perhaps i am stiupid. But this is a problem i have to solve. so i try
it again.

This time i have tried the dllhelpers code from the same site as i postet in
my last E-Mail. There is a realy simple makefile. I think i could handle
this. But my problem is that i couldnt use the dll under the Windows Project.
The Linker cant resolve the Objects stored in the dll. I think the reason is
that i have no lib-file. (by the hello-1.0 i can copy the .a-file to a
.lib-file and it runs.)

I have not realy experiences in compiling dlls. So i have no idea what is
goin wrong. Perhaps i have only to create a lib-file. but how could i do this
with the cygwin environment?

About my project:

I attempt to built a dll from the Videolan (http://www.videolan.org/) Project
which could be used for a windows based DVB-T reciever. If i could
croscompile this dll the project stayed open for a linux solution. At this
time have to use Windows because there is no driver supporting linux. But it
is only a questin of time and a linux driver exist. Then the project should
run under linux. if the dll is ready.

Stefan Hansen

Hi,

i am trying to compile a dll for a windows application. I have read a lot
about it (for example)

http://www.neuro.gatech.edu/users/cwilson/cygutils/

i have found an easy example on this site (hello-1.0.tar.gz). But the
makefile is for my skills in makefiles "unreadable". Is there a more easy
possibillity to compile a dll file from a project like the hello example ?

Thanks for you interest.

Stefan Hanse