dmake for cygwin

Randall R Schulz rrschulz@cris.com
Sun Oct 27 17:09:00 GMT 2002

Eric,

At 11:44 2002-10-27, Eric M. Monsler wrote:
>Vijay Sampath wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>Has anybody had any luck compiling dmake for cygwin. Any help is
>>appreciated.

>Have you tried the windows dmake from the cygwin shell?  When I did so, I
>could not figure out how to properly mangle path names such that dmake
>knew it was running in a DOS-ish shell.  It kept trying to create ksh
>files and execute them, rather than .bat files as it did when invoked
>under the WinNT command shell.  It seemed to be keying on the path
>separator of "/" vs. "\" in deciding whether to make .bat or ksh files.

I know nothing of dmake, but current versions of the Cygwin utility
"cygpath" have both -w / --windows and -m --mixed options. "Mixed" is
Windows format with forward slashes. There's also -d, which gives a DOS 8.3
name if the argument names an existing file and -u which produces Unix /
POSIX names.

If your Windows "dmake" conditions its behavior on path name syntax, this
should be enough to control it.

>If you do find a way to let dmake play nice under cygwin, please post the
>results.
>

>Eric

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA