dmake for cygwin

Peter A. Castro doctor@fruitbat.org
Mon Oct 28 04:28:00 GMT 2002

On Sun, 27 Oct 2002, George William Smith wrote:

> AFAIK, no, but I have used distcc successfully for a while, and it does a
> great job, have a look at http://distcc.samba.org/.
>
> "Vijay Sampath" <vsampath@valosystems.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Has anybody had any luck compiling dmake for cygwin. Any help is
> appreciated.

Which "dmake"?  There are a few.  I'd ported dmake by Dennis Vadura to
WinNT (native) back in 1994 (still have my changes).  The last version
I'd ported was 4.0.  Haven't ported it in a while because my work
standardized on gnumake.  If that's the dmake you are interested in, I
can forward you my changes.  Or, if there's enough interest, I could
revive my porting efforts and contribute it to cygwin.

--
Peter A. Castro <doctor@fruitbat.org> or <Peter.Castro@oracle.com>