smarc card undefined reference

Alfred Lam alfredlam@nowmediatech.com
Tue Oct 29 23:55:00 GMT 2002

Hi all,

I have been trying for 3 days already and I'm getting the same frustrating
undefined reference to ....

I have tried the same command with the same program on Linux and it is
working, but on cygwin, it's not.. Can anyone help me.. This is what I did :

My windows pc is win98. The program is that of smart card where I use ctapi
library. I'm trying to produce a .so file so that it can be used in a jni
link which will be used in a java program. I have tried this on my linux
machine

gcc main.o -L. -lctapi -o main.so where ctapi is libctapi.a and I tried the
same in cygwin, but I always get undefined reference e.g
$ gcc main.o -L. -lctapi -o main.so
>main.o(.text+0x4b):main.c: undefined reference to `CT_init'
>main.o(.text+0x8d):main.c: undefined reference to `CT_close'
>main.o(.text+0x127):main.c: undefined reference to `CT_data'
>main.o(.text+0x1eb):main.c: undefined reference to `CT_data'
>main.o(.text+0x34d):main.c: undefined reference to `CT_data'
>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
>I have also tried using ctapi.lib instead of libctapi.a, used main.c
instead of main.o, put the library first, try to create main.exe instead of
main.so , but to no avail. Did I go wrong somewhere?
Can someone help me please...

Thanks,
Alfred