Cygwin 1.3.9-1

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Wed Oct 30 08:33:00 GMT 2002

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Max Bowsher wrote:

> Kyo Kusanagi <kyo_neee@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,im a very young programmer and I need cygwin 1.3.9-1. I can't
> > find it anywhere.I need that specific version (I need it to setup a
> > compiler)Could someone point me an URL where I can download it?? (Im
> > using Windows 2000/XP,and also I have problems opening .bz2
> > files..),I really really really need that version. A reply would be
> > very welcome.
>
> Only the current and previous versions of Cygwin are available for download.
> 1.3.9-1 is not available anywhere. I suppose you could check out the source
> with the appropriate tag, and try to compile it yourself, but I am confident
> you will not find a precompiled version anywhere.
>
> Max.

Kyo,

Some people may still have the binary tarball in the downloaded packages
directory (if they didn't clean it yet).  I've looked in mine, but it
seems I've never downloaded that particular version.  Maybe someone else
can send you the tarball off-list...

On the other hand, why not try the latest Cygwin and see if it would work
with your application?  It's *supposed* to be backwards-compatible.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Water molecules expand as they grow warmer" (C) Popular Science, Oct'02, p.51